Friday, November 30, 2007

Sometime's I wonder...

One of the things that I have learned throughout my life is that I am a people pleaser. I have also learned how to manage that, and to those I consider close friends I am honest. The problem I have is this tends to get me into trouble. I have a friend who is so afraid to hurt my feelings they tell me lies. The funny thing is that I always catch them in these lies. Tonight I found out that they told another lie, and the funny thing is that I believe that they are telling their friends to help keep this secret. The thing about lies is that they always catch up to you. I know this from experience.

I like to think that I am an easy going guy. I go with the flow and take things in stride. The only thing I ask from the people in my life is honesty and a little openness when needed. For the most part I have that with those I am closest too, but sometimes that one person needs to tell that lie. I remember when I was little my Mom telling me that it wasn't what I did that was such a big deal, but the fact that I lied about it (I have heard that from someone else too...) I think that sometimes I get so caught up in things that I think in that insane moment that it's easier to lie, and not deal with the situation. I like to think that I have enough common sense today to catch myself in those rare moments and think before something untrue leaves my mouth.

Now, back to this person. I think that what bugs me more then anything was their statement that once someone lies or cheats or so on the trust is broken. I like to think that I treat people the way I would like to be treated, so I assume that if someone makes a statement like that they will live that in their life.

The funny thing is that these are all very petty lies and I shouldn't really care, but it's something that I don't do, so I guess I expect that from those in my life.

I guess it's true the lie is always worse then the action. I get to live that and see what they were talking about. Lesson learned.

No comments: