Sunday, November 25, 2007

Who I am and What I believe is acceptable to me...

What does it mean? For me the subject of this Blog means that today I am OK with who I am. I am OK with what I believe. I am not ashamed, and I don't let others make me feel that my beliefs are wrong. This doesn't mean that I am not open to other people's ideas and opinions. I listen to what people say and sometimes it makes sense. Sometimes it's total crap, and sometimes I take some and leave the rest.

I read the above statement in my morning reading and it struck me how true this was for me in my life. What it also made me realize is that sometimes I can get stuck in that and not listen to what other people have to say. This is not necessarily a good thing. I find that my opinion of people and how they have treated me in the past clouds what they say about others to me. What I realized this morning in my meditation is that sometimes what these people say may be the truth. I find that I instantly discount what they say and ignore it. This time I can't. They aren't the only person making the same statements. I know that this is cryptic, but the point is that sometimes we need to get over our pre-formed ideas and listen to what everyone around us is saying. I have been sober for more then 16 years, and this is something I learned along time ago. It just shows that sometimes we have to learn the same lesson over again. Listen to the message not necessarily the person delivering the message.

Well, it's 5:25 in the morning on my 11th straight day at work. All I can think about is next week and taking some time off, visiting with my family and really looking forward to seeing my nephews.

This was my revelation this morning. I hope it makes sense, but then if it doesn't oh well.
Be kind to Gods children today and remember that it's acceptable to be who you are and believe what you believe.

No comments: